Map Options - Sea Level Pressure

Anthony Mauro
Light User

Map Options - Sea Level Pressure

Post by Anthony Mauro » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:19 pm

Hi there, on the map options for sea level pressure there is no 972 - 974, 974 - 976 mb levels.
Andrew Revering
Site Admin

Re: Map Options - Sea Level Pressure

Post by Andrew Revering » Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:39 pm

Nice catch.... in the meantime, you can add those levels right above the list and to the left of the "Add Sub Gradient" button. Type in the number, click the white box to the right of the field and select a color, then do the same for the end of the gradient values.
Andrew Revering
F5Weather
http://www.f5wx.com/
Anthony Mauro
Light User

Post by Anthony Mauro » Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:37 pm

I was going to add them however I couldn't figure out your color selection process and when I tried to edit the mb above the missing one to check if you added a constant hex value from line to line, the edit function erases that line and I cant see your color pick numbers.
Andrew Revering
Site Admin

Post by Andrew Revering » Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:17 pm

I know that tool definitely needs some work... certainly not the most user friendly tool.

What I would do is click Edit next to the row 'below' what you want to add. That will display the color and values for that level. Then, don't change anything for that level... simply hit 'Add' and it should put that one back in the list and then start you out with the value and color linking the previous values and the next range you want to add. So then you just have to pick a color for the upper limits of that missing gradient.

Confusing and not perfect, but that's about the best you can do.

An alternative might be to open up the .ini file in the settings/map_options folder. Look for the file titled sfc_press.ini and open it in a text editor. The format for the file is pretty self explanatory and there you can add/edit values.
Andrew Revering
F5Weather
http://www.f5wx.com/