Error Message

Bob Hartig
Heavy User

Error Message

Post by Bob Hartig » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:37 am

I keep getting an error message, "most likely due to an invalid passcode." It doesn't happen all the time, but it happens way too frequently--mostly with the Euro, but I've also gotten it with the GFS.
Andrew Revering
Site Admin

Re: Error Message

Post by Andrew Revering » Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:38 pm

That means that your internet connection isn't able to communicate with our servers to get the data. My assumption is your passcode is good given what you're telling me.

Lately I was troubleshooting horrible connectivity to everything Convective Development, and through several days of troubleshooting found that it wasn't the server at all, but rather it was one of the hops my local ISP had me going through to get to my server.

It's possible that the problems you're experiencing are something like that...where your ISP has a bad route to our IP address and gives you intermittent connectivity, resulting in that error.

We implemented much more robust monitoring on the connectivity of our site in the past couple weeks and I don't see any problems with its speed of data flow. So my guess is that it's on your end. You might be able to test this theory if you have access to another internet connection that is not your current ISP.

Problems like these usually work themselves out within a couple days. You can do a tracert -d f5data.com in command prompt and see if you get any really slow responses or * symbols along the way. If so, those might be the causes.

Really no fix for it though, other than waiting or using another internet connection if available (such as your cell phone as a hotspot or something similar).
Andrew Revering
F5Weather
http://www.f5wx.com/