Crashes while in server mode

Tom Weeden
Light User

Crashes while in server mode

Post by Tom Weeden » Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:38 pm

I'm wondering if anyone else has this problem. I'm running F5Data (Account Status = Professional) on a Windows XP machine and have it set up in Server Mode to automatically generate a handful of maps to upload to an FTP site. After running for a few hours, the program stops and closes (although the "F" in the system tray is still there until I mouse over to it, then it disappears). This also happened when I had F5Data running on a different machine under Windows 7.

If I restart F5 (in Server Mode), it immediately minimizes to the tray, and if I don't bring it to full screen within a few minutes, it will quit again.

I did notice on one occasion that the program hung while renaming radar loop files on the FTP server. Most of the time the program just closes on its own.

Anything I should be looking for?

Tom WJ9H
Madison WI
Tom Weeden
Light User

Re: Crashes while in server mode

Post by Tom Weeden » Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:31 am

I noticed something for the first time on F5Data last night. A pop-up window appeared saying that every 12 hours F5 automatically restarts to avoid memory problems (or something like that, didn't have time to write it down). However, when the program closed it didn't restart.

That's actually a relief, as there's an explanation now as to why I often find the program stopped. So I respectfully submit 2 bug-fix requests...

- Have the restart routine actually restart the program

- When the program starts in Server Mode and minimizes to the tray, that it either comes up visible on the screen instead, or if it minimizes to the tray that it doesn't shut down within a few minutes.

Thanks!
Tom WJ9H
Tom Weeden
Light User

Re: Crashes while in server mode

Post by Tom Weeden » Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:03 pm

Clarification on my last post:

I just saw the automatic-12-hour F5 restart message and watched it count down to zero, close F5, but then it DID restart, minimized to the tray. The problem remains in that if I don't bring it back to the active desktop within a minute or so, the program closes down. (When Server Mode is enabled.)

Tom WJ9H