Feature Request for map Animation

Dave Rennie
Regular User

Feature Request for map Animation

Post by Dave Rennie » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:35 pm

Hello Andrew,

Two things I would like to see on the Animation option:

(1) The program currently allows you to set a Start and End hours parameter. It would be nice to see a "Step" option added, wherein the user could have the animation display only maps at certain intervals. Example: Start: 0 hours; End: 168 hours; Step: 24 hours; which would display a map at the same time every day for a week. That way, if the user were interested in looking at Dewpoints at 3 pm every day for a week, they could create such an animation without having to load/render all of the other maps for each day.

(2) During the animation, a display of the Date/Day/Time of each map as it displays would help. If this is already displayed somewhere and I'm missing it, let me know!

Thanks!

Dave Rennie
Billings, Montana
Andrew Revering
Site Admin

Post by Andrew Revering » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:40 pm

Hey Dave.

Great suggestions! I will add them to my to-do list. I can't give you a time frame on when it will be available.

Andy
Andrew Revering
F5Weather
http://www.f5wx.com/
Dave Rennie
Regular User

Another thought

Post by Dave Rennie » Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:23 am

In thinking more about the proposed "Step" feature, if it could be applied to the manual forward/backward stepping through maps (via the green left and right arrow icons) that would be great also.

I've noticed that using the manual stepping instead of the animation allows more time to study each frame.

Thanks again!

Dave Rennie
Billings, Montana

ps: Are you going to be at ChaserCon 2011 later this month?