Time Stamp Is Still Not Right

Bob Hartig
Heavy User

Time Stamp Is Still Not Right

Post by Bob Hartig » Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:11 am

In the latest update, version 2.3.2, the valid time reads an hour off. Instead of showing 18Z, 21Z, and so forth, I'm getting a valid time of 17Z, 20Z, and the like.

My computer clock is set to automatically compensate for daylight savings time.
Bob Hartig
Heavy User

Post by Bob Hartig » Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:43 am

Figured it out. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling F5 while also clearing my cache, but I still got the same wrong time stamp. After that, I tinkered with my computer clock, at first with no results, but that seems to have been the issue, and after going through a process I won't bother describing, I've got things resolved.

Bottom line, the problem isn't with F5. Something's screwy with my computer clock, and it probably still isn't really fixed, but at least it's doing what it's supposed to do and my GMT now reads as it should.
Bob Hartig
Heavy User

Post by Bob Hartig » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:27 pm

I'm back at square one. I can't get F5 to give me a correct forecast time; it's always an hour off--20Z instead of 21Z, etc. The problem does not appear to be with the computer clock. That reads as it should and responds properly when I change it. It's set to automatically adjust for daylight savings time, but to be sure, I've tried it both ways, and every which way, for that matter. I can get F5 to read the correct forecast UTC when I switch my computer clock to Central Time, but that's obviously not a satisfactory fix since my computer clock is then off an hour and reads incorrectly for Michigan, which is Eastern Time.

I haven't had this problem till the recent upgrades, and at this point I've come full circle and think something's squirrely with F5. Here's a screen capture so you can see what I'm dealing with.

Andrew Revering
Site Admin

Post by Andrew Revering » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:51 pm

Hey Bob. Sorry about the delay. After some tinkering I was able to recreate your problem. Just to verify...

- The clock in the lower right corner of F5 is the correct UTC for you, yes?
- The other time options (if you display it in Eastern, Central, etc.) is correct, yes?
- The only problem is when you choose to display your maps in UTC (Z), yes?
Andrew Revering
F5Weather
http://www.f5wx.com/
Bob Hartig
Heavy User

Post by Bob Hartig » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:24 pm

That's okay, Andy. Thanks for getting back to me!

Right on all three counts. I hadn't even thought to check whether the time was correct in Eastern Time as opposed to UTC, but yes, it's accurate when expressed as ET. Evidently only the Zulu time stamp is an hour out of sync.
Andrew Revering
Site Admin

Post by Andrew Revering » Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:59 pm

Alright, I'll work on this and hopefully have a fix in the next update.
Andrew Revering
F5Weather
http://www.f5wx.com/
Bob Hartig
Heavy User

Post by Bob Hartig » Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:35 pm

Thanks, Andy!