View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon May 29, 2017 9:24 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Ready for something new? 
Site Admin

F5Weather is being released very soon.

So what is it?
  • Web Based weather model viewing site based on the look and feel of EuroWX.com
  • Site expanded from 1 model (ECMWF) to 11 models (including ECMWF, and more planned)
  • (nearly) Global expansion of regional views for models that allow it (not ECMWF at this time)
  • Unique maps that we're known for like our severe, tornado and snow maps
  • An exciting new pop-up option with the value at mouse cursor position
  • New navigation system for easier use
  • A Favorites category for maps that you can choose and sort

Features stolen from our EuroWX.com site
  • Ability to draw on maps
  • Ability to view archived runs
  • Ability to search for location-specific textual data

Questions?
  • Are you abandoning F5Data or EuroWX?
    • No. We will continue to support these products, however encourage users to transition over to the new F5Weather product as we see that as our future.
  • I already own F5Data or EuroWX or something else. Do I get this with my current subscription/purchase?
    • No. This is a completely new product. Although it may appear at first glance similar in look and feel to EuroWX, the code behind it adds 10 new models and expands across the globe. The coding and server hardware behind this, as well as all the new features justify new pricing structure and a new site.
  • Can I keep my existing service, or am I forced to upgrade?
    • You absolutely can keep your existing service and your current pricing plan. All existing users of all our products are grandfathered in and will continue to have service as you purchased it and will continue to be supported.
  • How much is F5Weather?
    • Pricing will be $14.95 per month, with other options available. Note this is only $5 more a month than EuroWX (ECMWF) by itself. So for $5 you get 10 more models, global coverage, and new features. That's a pretty good deal!
  • Will there be a free trial?
    • Absolutely. Try it out for free, if you don't like it, don't buy it!
  • A lot of this stuff I can find on the internet for free. Why would I pay you money for it?
    • Because we do it better. We have over 150 map types which I have yet to see anyone else do. We have textual tables of data for specific points, which I have yet to see anyone else do, we let you create your own custom list of Favorite maps for ease of navigation, which I have yet to see anyone else do, We now have the exact values where your mouse cursor is, we have ECMWF which only a couple other (pay) sites have, we do some unique things like mapping the mean of 3 ensemble mean maps (Mean of GEM Ens, GFS Ens & ECMWF Ens into 1 map), have superior snowfall maps with our proprietary methods, a set of unique severe & tornado indices ...and quite franky... we're awesome.

This sounds awesome!! When can I get my hands on it?
Soon... Very soon.

Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:32 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

I modified the announcement above to include another (11th) model we'll have ready for release, as well as a Favorites system which you can set up to store your Favorite maps in their own category. This makes navigation even easier when you can keep just the maps you use in one tidy category. Sort the maps as you see fit.

We are getting closer to being able to release F5Weather. It's almost ready!

Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:56 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Ready or not... I decided to release F5Weather.com on April 15th!

Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:05 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Alright, I've released f5weather! Plenty of stuff to do on the site, so go easy on me. But I'll work hard to get all the little issues resolved asap.

Enjoy!
f5weather.com

Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:42 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]