Cat5 Is Messed Up

. . . about the Cat5Data software.<br>
. . . something wrong?<br>
. . . got an idea?
Aaron McKnight
Light User

Cat5 Is Messed Up

Post by Aaron McKnight » Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:57 pm

None of the menus will work for me, or download any of the data. No statements, no storms, nothing. I have no idea why. Also, Andrew, can you adjust the program, so that when you maximize the window, it will maximize the map as well? Thanks.

F5 seems to be working fine for me, not sure what the problem with Cat5 is, considering we currently have 2 active Storms in the Atlantic.
Andrew Revering
Site Admin

Post by Andrew Revering » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:01 pm

That's weird. For me everything worked except for the statements. When I clicked on model plot it plotted the models properly, and satellite imagery worked as well.

I'm planning on updating Cat5 to a completely new re-write of the software, so it would be pointless for me to fix an old version of the software when I'm about to release a new version all-together.

I'll notify you when it's ready to download. Sorry about the hassle with the existing version.
Andrew Revering
F5Weather
http://www.f5wx.com/
Aaron McKnight
Light User

Post by Aaron McKnight » Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:52 am

Andrew,

I tried downloading and reinstalling it. no Change. Whenever I click any of the items on the drop down menus, it tells me there are none active in the Atlantic. When I click the download button on the side, it says downloading infrared staellite for a second or two, then disappears. No idea what is causing this, since F5 is working just fine.

EDIT: ok, now this is really weird. I went into C:\Program Files\Cat5Data

The ir and vis JPEG files have updated, and show an update of 8/30/08.

None of the tracks are right. they are way off skew, and none of the numbered files in this folder have updated.