View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:36 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Version 2.2.7 
Site Admin

A new version of F5 is available. Below are some of the changes.

*** PLEASE NOTE: DEFAULT INSTALLATION DIRECTORY HAS CHANGED TO C:\F5! ***
Due to problems on some systems (usually 64 bit windows 7) we have changed the default installation directory to c:\f5 instead of c:\program files\f5. If your existing installation works fine, be sure to change the installation directory when installing to the location you currently use. Otherwise, if you install to c:\f5 you will have to rebuild your schedules, add your passcode and any other customized settings. You can move most of these files over from the old directory to the new directory though to make it easier.

We added error handling to adding a custom logo so you are forced to select the image before turning on the logo overlay. We adjusted code that positions the logo, allowing for wider logos to fit better. Also set the transparency of the logo to 70%. We expanded the ability to load custom logos beyond 40 pixels high, and better adjusted the placement of the logo.

The data files for schedules are now in a new format which will support shading one layer, having another layer on top contoured, etc. Old formatted data files are still accepted and converted to the new format from within the program automatically so you don't have to change your schedules if they work fine for you. But if you want to take advantage of the new abilities, you have to create new schedules because the program doesn't know what options you want for each layer from the old format.

Schedule will now layer the multiple layer maps in a proper order so the maps look good. IE.. shaded layer on bottom, then a contoured layer, then a layer with barbs. Additionally a layer that involoves a shaded background and a radar will now schedule the radar on top instead of on bottom. Any contours will be placed on top of the radar.

We added the ability to select your time zone, or GMT for all time stamps.

You can now overlay a plot of values on top of another map layer. You can also advance the value plot in time by using the arrow time navigation, which didn't work before. One item you still cannot do is overlay a plot of values on a contour of the same layer beneath it. For example, you cannot have a contour of temperatures with a value plot on top of it. This is a fundamental problem with the way the software is designed. If you have 'Temperatures' turned on for the shaded background, you cannot turn it on again to do the value plot. Hopefully a redesign of the software in the future will resolve this.

Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:54 am
Profile WWW
Regular User

I have not had much time to trouble shoot. It seems that every time I try to change to a different time frame in a model the map selection is cleared and the map is blank.

I upgraded my system that uploads images to my website and the scheduled images have no data on them.

Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:13 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Fixed. I just release 2.2.8 that resolves this bug.

Thanks for the note.

Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:22 pm
Profile WWW
Light User

I am not sure why, but, the times displayed if I change the timezone setting to something other than GMT, the times appear to be an hour off. For example, if I choose Eastern, an 18Z model 00Hr plot shows a time of 2PM EST. That should be 1PM EST. My time zone settings on my computer are correct, so, I'm not sure what could be causing this. I am seeing this on both a Windows 7 64-bit system and a Windows XP system.

Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:40 pm
Site Admin

Check if you have day light savings time checked on your computer settings. If you check that and it changes your time by 1 hour, just adjust the time on your computer by 1 hour to what it should be after making that daylight savings time change, and then the times in F5 should be correct.

Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:43 pm
Profile WWW
Light User

Check if you have day light savings time checked on your computer settings. If you check that and it changes your time by 1 hour, just adjust the time on your computer by 1 hour to what it should be after making that daylight savings time change, and then the times in F5 should be correct.

Hi Andrew,

My computer is set for UTC-5 which is the Eastern Time Zone. It is set to automatically adjust for DST but, this time of year, turning that off makes no difference (and, if I need to turn that off, that would seem like a bug to me) ... the time is still 5 hours behind UTC. The problem still exists in F5 with either setting.

By the way (and this probably is no surprise) ... upgrading to 2.3.0 yields the same results.

Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:35 pm
Site Admin

Version 2.3.2 was just released which (God willing) resolves your issue.

Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:34 am
Profile WWW
Light User

That seems to have fixed it. Thanks.

Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:32 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]